Updated on: March 22, 2017
Effective from: March 22, 2017
By using our website, you are accepting the practices described in this statement. There may be times (such as when you purchase or order a product, subscribe to a service, register to receive catalogs, or to participate in contests, sweepstakes or promotions, etc.) when we ask you to provide certain contact information about yourself, such as your name, shipping/billing address, telephone number, email address, credit card information, birth date, gender, occupation, personal interests, and other information. We may also maintain a record of your product purchases.
Whether or not to provide such information is completely your own choice. But if you choose not to provide the information we request, you may be unable to purchase products or access certain services, offers, and content on our website. In addition, we may need to contact you via phone, email or mail to address questions or issues specific to your order, entry, etc., even if you have opted to not receive marketing communications from us.
In general, you can visit many of our web pages without telling us who you are or revealing any contact information about yourself. We may track the Internet domain address from which people visit us and analyze this data for preferences, trends, and site usage statistics, but individual users will remain anonymous unless you voluntarily tell us who you are.
What kind of information do we collect?
When you use our website (e.g. visit, register a user, purchase products or services or apply for a vacancy on our website), we may collect and process the following information about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our website or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion on our website, and when you report a problem with our website.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our website and of the fulfillment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise, and the resources that you access.
- Where applicable, information that you provide to us when you apply for any vacancies via our website.
We may contract with companies or persons to provide certain services including credit card processing, shipping, data management, promotional services, etc. We call them our Service Providers. We provide our Service Providers with the information needed for them to perform these services. We also ask our Service Providers to confirm that their privacy practices are consistent with ours.
How do we use your information?
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you. In the event that you do not wish to receive such information, kindly email Info@GlitterTrunk.com.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in the interactive features of our service when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To help us understand more about how our website is used and to improve our website as well as carry out market research and statistical analysis.
You may notify us either in writing or by telephone, fax or email that you object to being contacted or being contacted in a particular way. If you use more than one email address to communicate with us, please notify us of each e-mail account you use.
When do we share information?
We do not sell your personal information to third parties.
We share your information within Glitter Trunk. We also share your information with our affiliates, our licensors, our agents, our distributors and our suppliers that assist us in making our website and/or the products and services on our website available to you (e.g. our hosting supplier).
If we believe that your use of our website is unlawful or damaging to others, we reserve the right to disclose the information we have obtained through our website about you to third parties to the extent that it is reasonably necessary for our opinion to prevent, remedy or take action in relation to such conduct.
We may also disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation; in order to enforce or apply any agreements or licences with you; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Glitter Trunk, our employees, affiliates, agents, distributors, licensors, suppliers, and/or our customers. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
If any part of our business (including those of our affiliates) is sold or integrated with another business, your details may be disclosed to our advisers and any prospective purchasers and their advisers.
Any personal information provided by you shall be retained by us for a duration as required under applicable law.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access. We urge you to keep any password that you establish with us in a safe place and not to divulge it to anyone. Also, remember to log off your account and close your browser window when you have finished your visit. This is to ensure that others cannot access your account, especially if you are sharing a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place.
Updating your details and contacting us